GDPR update May 25th 2018
The GDPR new update to privacy is quite complex, so here it is in a nutshell in relation to Willow and Clo. It does not replace or supersede the content of our formal policy below.
- If you are one of our customers, we need to receive personal and other kinds of data from you for the purposes of doing business. Occasionally we will need to share it with partner organisations such as shopify where they are providing part of their service of web analytics so we can understand our business.
- By providing your information, you give us permission to contact you, though you can ask us to stop at any time by contacting us and withdrawing your consent.
- We will never sell or misuse your personal data.
- The recent GDPR update gives you several rights about your data, including the right to see the exact data we hold, (subject to some limits) and also right to request we remove your data from our system. You can do this by contacting us via email.
- Unless clearly stated to not do so by you, we will hold your data in our customer base for an unlimited time as a record of sales.
- If you have any issues, requests or queries on how we use your data, email us at email@example.com.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you purchase from Willow & Clo, as part of the buying process, we collect any of the personal information you give us. This includes your name, your phone number, home address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about our customer analytics such as your browser or operating system
With your implied permission and provided email, we have the ability to contact you about store updates, new products and our promotions. You may always choose to opt out of our mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribing on the footer of our newsletter.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information you provide to fulfill any orders placed through the Site both in-store and online(including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you in case of returns or repairs or any issue,
Optimise our website analytics,
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud,
Provided you with updates, promotions or info on new products.
We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We share your data with shopify to process our online orders, and for our analytics to improve and optimize our Site and overall business (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as a search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We care about your information and take reasonable precautions to make sure that your information it is not misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Our online store is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and we follow requirements and implement additional accepted industry standards in order to protect your information.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact us at email@example.com .
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain all of your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
As part of our compliance with the European Unions General Data Protection Regulation; all customers have the right to request any of the personal data collected on this website by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Willow & Clo, Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, 59 South William Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, EIRE, Ireland